Thursday 26 March 2009

Extending the Empire

For some time, OH and I have been thinking about putting our savings into a new venture...woodland! We haven't a lot to invest but it is sitting in a building society, doing nothing. We have been looking spasmodically at sites around the north or England, Scotland and Wales but after 2 weeks in the east of Scotland, away from the wind and rain, I decided it definitely had to be in the east of the country!

I mentioned it to someone who lives in Durham, telling them I would consider anywhere between Scarborough and Inverness! But then this woodland came up near Hull. It is a 5 acre site with mixed trees and a south facing aspect and on windy Sunday, we went to view. It took an hour to travel there, straight off the end of the M62 and how lovely it was to walk in the sunshine and stand upright. The woodland is for "peaceful purposes only". I was quite delighted, loving the village it is near and the fact the Wolds Way is on the doorstep. There is enough to do to make it interesting but not too much to be onerous, so we came home and on Monday I called the agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment