Sunday 12 July 2009

Wood photos at last!




Here are some pictures of our beautiful (steep) wood. My path, above left, which now reaches the top of the wood and left me exhausted yesterday. My path, above right, which leads from the "Fairy Glen" into a birch woodland. OH at the chainsaw, removing dead and over-crowded trees. Please no messages about suitable gear to wear while doing this task...it is a sore point as I saw a pair of chain mail trousers in a charity shop for £8 and didn't buy them. OH went back the next day and they had gone and I've not lived it down.
It was a peaceful day as the road was closed and no neighbours appeared. We didn't have a barbeque this time but it was warm and sunny and the flowers were so beautiful! I took 3 photos of the wild flowers but none are of reproduction quality.
Also the birds...I wish I knew what they were, but I can't identify anything by song alone and in the trees it is impossible to see them. I only saw the wood pigeons and heard a cuckoo cuckoo


No comments:

Post a Comment