Friday 13 February 2009

Collecting the post.


A spring like thaw hasn't really touched our track so today I made my way to the sorting office to pick up the week's post.

We have a new source of income!

After 4 attempts, I have finally managed to get my Single Payment from the Rural Payments Agency. I have filled in forms for 2005 2006 2007 2008 but although I knew I had blown it on the 2007 claim as I was late submitting the final application (this was because RPA returned it to me with ONE DAY'S notice as I had missed a section out), I wondered why I hadn't at least received a payment for 2008 because I had spent long hours on the phone with a very helpful case worker, making sure I had got it right.

I have had to make another call or two to try and sort out the 2008 payment but at last was assured I was going to receive the payment, but only because my 2005 claim was also correct.

(Don't ask me)

I will receive £300 for the 2 years combined.

What a wonder the world of farming is!! But it will help towards the thousands of pounds we have spent on drainage, field maintenance, outbuildings and of course the crummy tractor. I don't expect anything but if a proper farmer wanted to buy the place, with a few more acres from somewhere, then this payment is essential.

I may spend it on a new calf!

No comments:

Post a Comment