Monday 2 February 2009

Hobby Farming

My first blog!
It's snowing and the schools are closed where I work in the afternoons. So I have a bit of spare time.
Sandal Farm is a smallholding of 11.5 acres, about 10 acres of which is sodden, rough grazing. We moved in 5 years ago and have been repairing the old field stone drains and the crumbling stone walls ever since.
Living at the farm, indoors, are; me and husband and my collie, Moss and his collie, Pip. Of course mine is the intelligent one but Pip is cute and loves people.
Outside we have Billy the Ram and his flock of 3 Shetland ewes, Betty, Becky and Molly and a lamb that was too small to eat so he is staying until he is mutton.
Then there is Cloud who is our elderly GallowayXWhite Park beef cow. She lives with her calf, who is at the moment a DexterX, a nice little, beefy, hairy bull.
And we have 4 hybrid ish chickens and Little Eagle who is a small useless, friendly araucana chicken. She laid nice blue eggs for some time though.
So that is us.
When I learn how to post photos, I will do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment