Wednesday 11 February 2009

Is that more snow?


It was! It also blew across the track to the farmhouse so even the 4 wheel drive skidded sidewades. OH and I are taking it in turns to go out and to go to work as my impractical Mini sits locked in the barn. I put £53 worth of diesel in it today...so much for trying to live enviromentally sound lives.

I did catch a bus to work on Monday as OH had to work as well and he has much further to go. I worked for 2 hours but the whole rigmarole of catching a bus, walking to stops and station and waiting, plus the 2 hrs 30 mins at work, took 5 hours 35 minutes! (and the bus fare was £4.35p).

No wonder we won't contemplate giving up our cars.

We do have a very old decrepid tractor. I have driven it once and am not so keen to try that again! I can't start it anyway, OH has trouble. He resorts to a magic fluid that you pour in to the air cleaner. The air cleaner is obviously not working as the tractor then pours out storm clouds of black fumes...another failure to live the "green" life.

So, tomorrow the tractor will be taken up the track to flatten out the ruts and make life easier. I would still rather have the snow than the mud and wind and grey of the last 4 winters we have had since we moved here. Long may it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment