Thursday 28 May 2009

Dog Agility Competition


Moss and I were elimated for all 4 of the classes we entered. Moss completely ignored my directions and made a bee-line for the obstacles that weren't jumps, when I re-called her to go over the jump, she took it from the far side, ending up by my side, but eliminated! I couldn't stop her head long rush for the see-saw, the tunnels and anything that wasn't a jump! (the picture isn't me and Moss but shows some of the course, a participant and the judge)

It was a very hot day and I left the house at 6.45am and returned at 5.30pm. At a time when there is so much to do around the farm, it was frustrating to be hanging around for all those hours for what was in the end, about 2 minutes of activity.

So on Tuesday I set down to potting on...which I didn't finish but at least got the bulk done. Wednesday was raining and cold for the most part but I was not farming at all anyway. Thursday has been out except for a spell in the early evening when I got down to some more weeding of the greener than ever vegetable plot (see my previous post with photo).

Tomorrow is a free day. I hope to be weeding and walling and strimming and potting up ALL DAY! Plus of course running Moss through her home made agility course that she does so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment