Monday 4 May 2009

This wasn't taken today!


No, because it is bank holiday Monday, May Day...so of course it is raining.
This morning was OK. The dogs and I walked in a local estate and marvelled at the young green colours of new leaves. The intensity of the colour never fails to amaze me, every spring! And the bluebells are out.
We have some planted here that were given from someone's garden supply. They are the Spanish ones but as up here on windy hillside, no native bluebell would raise it's little head, I hoped I was alright to do this. Of course is The Woodland, it will be natives only.
Back to the picture, what you see there is the edge of the cow field (Rushy Field as was once called). The rickety fence is now being replaced bit at a time with a new stone wall, built by my own fair hands. The wall that runs down from this is one I built earlier. It took a long time but without a doubt, building and repairing stone walls is my very favourite occupation on the farm.
So, back to cleaning the sofa...happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment