Wednesday 6 May 2009

Looking for a new heifer.



Well, this isn't Cloud, my cow, it is the first (male) calf that we had from her. Doesn't he look like his mum? That's me on the right.

Cloud is 17 years old and she didn't run with a bull in 2007 because of movement restrictions. She did last year but I have given up hope that she caught. So, she may just have got a bit old...

She is staying with us but we are looking for young beef heifer before Jet goes in the summer. It's an exciting time as there is NOTHING as good as getting a new animal, especially a cow!

I just hope she will be as amiable and easy as Cloud (and her off-spring). She came with a calf at foor and Daisy was sold on for breeding with another small-holder. I would like to have her back really. Below is a picture of Cloud and Daisy when they first came to Sandalfarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment