Sunday 28 June 2009

Down to the woods today.




Sadly, although I put the camera on to recharge, I forgot to take it, so no photos. What a fool. Also we took, a little stove, a tea bag (for me) and a sppon or two of coffe (for OH) and milk in a plastic bottle BUT FORGOT CUPS! Well, eating our picnic al fresco we decided to use the plastic box for the dried fruit for my tea and cut the top off the milk bottle for OH's coffee. All was saved.


We spent from 11.30am until 4.30pm in a variety of tasks,
clearing a path to the top of the wood using a spade to cut in steps (me, still unfinished)
clearing a lot of old wood and over-growth to make it easier for the undergrowth to develop (OH)
clearing spindly trees from above path (OH)
taking out millionbs of sycamore seedlings, branbles where they are are not needed and ragwort (me)
collecting the next harvest of wild strawberries (me)
eating above collection (both)
discovering a new path leading to a copse of silver birch (me) And what a delight to do this as we are worried about our silver birch at sandalfarm that are all dying.
watering new trees in (me)
clearing nettles etc to reach above trees (me)
So, a lovely day. What a wonderful place. Birds singing, flowers flowering and a cuckoo in the opposite wood across the valley.

Shame about the photos.
I must not forget the camera.
I must not forget the camera.
I must not forget the camera.

ps the photo is the foxgloves back at sandalfarm that perhaps I will plant up in the wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment