Wednesday 8 April 2009

Lambs and harrows.



The first lambs have appeared overnight. Two wee boys from Becky the biggest and oldest of the Shetlands. They are shivering in the wind this morning but tucked behind their mum by the shelter wall, seem happy enough. Of course, you can never tell with lambs. Last year we didn't loose any but we have done in the past.

The mild weather has got my started...I am re-building a stone wall that my neighbour knocked down last summer. I have re-started it once before but then he decided it would be in the way, a week's work wasted as he demolished it. He told OH to go ahead so I have attacked it with gusto. It is a mess of wire and pallets as it is the best way for Cloud to get into his field with all their uneaten spring grass.

The hay fields were harrowed yesterday, a lovely smell of cut grass! The farm shop look after these fields for us as they take off the grass for silage and keep it, except for the 3 or 4 bales that we need. So gardeners, get harrowing for a fertile, weed free lawn. I don't do my one lawn as it is mostly moss and looks green with it but would look bare without it. It is only for visual purpose anyway.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment