Wednesday 15 April 2009

Rhubard rhubarb


Yes, its time to pick the rhubarb! First crumbles ready for eating tonight!
It is a brief interlude for me at Sandal Farm as I am off to Scotland again tomorrow, having just come back from the wilds of the Cotswolds yesterday. Only a 2 day break but the sun shone and the trees and flowers were in full bloom.
There are two lambs again as Betty lambed on Sunday, the morning before I went off. A little girl lamb so no intervention needed as yet. She is a companion to Becky's boy and they are prancing around like...well, like happy lambs!
Sadly there isn't much activity in the seed beds. Only the cabbage has started. I am going to plant up in some pots when I return from Scotland and get them going in the greenhouse. The broadbeans in the greenhouse are looking good...but fancy having to grow broadbeans in a greenhouse!! The allotments in Warwickshire made me weep with envy.
Still...it's better than living in the Cotswolds because I have acres of moorland on my doorstep and get away from every living soul very easily. Today, I wouldn't see a living soul anyway as it's fog up here!
Catch you in a week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment