Friday 24 April 2009

Sad news.


I did say I would tell you some sad news...well out of the 5 lambs born only 2 have survived. This is indeed a heavy loss, especially to Betty which is the one ewe that lost both her lambs. She has a full udder at the moment but doesn't seem unperturbed, making me think that perhaps she isn't the perfect mother. The other 2 ewes have a lamb each so are happy.

The weather has been so dry that already I have to provide the cows with a supply of water...uinheard of in April! Cloud is showing definite signs of "bagging up" (increased size of her udder) so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I trudge up and down the field with water for the seeedlings in the pig pen, keep my greenhouse pots(pic) and the flower pots all well watered and so far everything looks very nice.

Rhubarb crumble again for tea but the purple sprouting broccoli is still producing new shoots so I am getting my vitamins.

Cool cloudy day but 14.4c on my weather station and rain forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment